If cruiseship travel is your preference, Alaska will not disappoint. Most of the world's major cruise companies are cruising Alaska's waters in the summer months.
Following are some of the companies and vessels scheduled to visit Alaska this year.
- Holland America Line: Amsterdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Ryndam, Statendam, Zaandam, Veendam, Volendam.
- Princess Cruises: Diamond Princess, Sapphire Princess, Coral Princess, Island Princess, Tahitian Princess, Star Princess, Golden Princess, Sun Princess.
- Carnival Cruise Line: Carnival Spirit.
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sun.
- Royal Caribbean International: Serenade of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas.
- Celebrity Cruises: Millennium,Infinity, Mercury.
- Cruise West: Spirit of Alaska, Spirit of Discovery, Spirit of Yorktown, Spirit of Oceanus.
- American Safari Cruises: Safari Explorer, Safari Escape, Safari Quest, Safari Spirt, Safari Legacy
- Linblad Expeditions: Sea Lion, Sea Bird.
- Majestic America Line: Empress of the North.
- All Aboard Yacht Charters: The Discovery.
In addition, at least three ferry systems sail Alaska waters including the Alaska Marine Highway System, BC Ferries, and the Inter-Island Ferry Authority out of Prince of Wales Island. Ferry travel offers the advantage of bring along your vehicle for an add-on adventure to Alaska's interior. Rental cars, rental RV's, railroad, and motorcoach travel are all viable and possible less expensive alternatives if your goal is a post-cruise land adventure.
Regardless of whether you choose a large ship, small ship, or ferry cruising option, AlaskaOne.com can assist in cruise tour planning for your pre-cruise and post-cruise land tour activities. In addition, many shore excursion options may be found in the various port communities on this site.